Thursday 17 July 2008

Peanut Butter Cheesecake and what happened to my Donuts



Aiks...sorry been a while since I made this cheesecake and it's also been a while since I've blogged. Having too much fun at work.

Okay, lets get started. It's going to be close to 3 weeks now that I've been working here at Astro and I'm loving it. I'm so glad I have Sheryl by my side. She's so fun to be with! =( I'm officially a "cheesecake" at the department. What does that mean? Should I compare it to that poor misused apple pie in that movie American Pie?

Anyways I made a Peanut Butter Cheesecake for everyone at work. Here are some pictures of its progress and the finished product.

Here are the ingredients (by cups)

Base:
  • 1/4 cup of Butter ( I used Margerine for this...lets be a bit healthy)
  • 1/2 cup of Low Fat Semisweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups of Rice Crispies (You can use the normal white ones or the chocolate
coated ones)

Filling: (is that what you call it..i dunno)
  • 2 cubes of Philidelphia Cream Cheese ( I used this because of its quality. Using other brands won't stain the texture or taste)
  • 3/4 cups of Peanut Butter (*drooool....)
  • 1/4 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 tblspoons of Lemon Juice
  • 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup of Whipped Cream
  • Drizzle of Chocoloate Syrup ( I used Hershey's!)
Directions:
  1. In a heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Remove from heat and gently stir in rice cereal until coated. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Chill 30 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared crust. Drizzle chocolate topping over pie and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Keep in freezer until ready to serve, and return leftovers to the freezer as well.
And there we go...Simple Dimple.




2 comments:

cupcakesordeath said...

hei cheesecake, your cheesecake was awesome! like some ppl said "Master class!" heehee!

petal.echo said...

heyyyyyyyyyy...

me want some of that o-yummaylicious lookin' cheesecake!!!!

-mawar-